Friday, April 22, 2011

Coming Home

So it's been a long time since I've posted a blog, mostly because I'm not sure if anyone actually reads this, or if it's mainly serving as an online journal for me.  But either way, I'm back.


I thought I'd start blogging again last month after George and I visited the Consol Energy Center for our first time.  We played the Florida Panthers, and despite a lethargic pace to the game, the teams settled it in a shootout.  Kovalev scored the winning goal!  


Despite that, I couldn't get myself to start writing again....


Now is the time, though.  I said before that we're in the process of selling our house.  We're making some progress, and I brought up the conversation again with Gregory, our 7 year old, that we'll be moving out of state soon.  He's not handling it well because of all the friends he has made; he's started to have quite the social life.


We've told him that we'd like to have a party for him and his friends--a going away party.  I want to make sure that he gets their addresses and phone numbers.  I want him to have photographs of them having fun together.  George suggested we get Gregory an email account and bring up the topic with his friends' parents as well.  Then I thought to myself, "Why don't we do a spin-off blog for Greg and his friends so they can post notes and pictures for each other?"


Hence the blogging.


It's an exciting and scary time in our lives.  For me it's a homecoming.  Which is why I'm going to link my current favorite song:



But I'm not the only one coming home.  The Penguins are bringing their series back to Pittsburgh tomorrow.  Honestly, there couldn't be a more exciting time to be a hockey fan.  They're trying to put the Tampa Bay Lightning away in Game 5, and I'm hoping they can exercise some killer instinct.


The other series have been equally exciting.  


In the East, the Bruins came back in overtime last night to tie their series with the Habs at two games apiece.  The Flyers and Sabres battle again tonight to see which team can take the upperhand in their tied series.  And tomorrow the Caps will try to close out their series with the Rangers as well.


I'll be honest:  I haven't been paying as much attention to the West except to know the Red Wings have swept Phoenix.  Also, the Blackhawks have finally decided they'd like to make an attempt to defend the Stanley Cup, and facing elimination against the top-seeded Canucks, they've extended their series at least by another game.


By the time I'm back in Pennsylvania, the playoffs will be over.  But I look forward to discussing it more and hopefully the Pens will keep advancing, round by round.  And of course keeping you (or, if no one is reading this, me) up to date on our move!


2 comments:

  1. Good song! Its good to come home. :)
    And love that picture of you and George!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Thanks!

    Even Greg understands what meaning it holds for me!

    And thanks for commenting on my blog. :) I have to keep in mind that I don't comment on every blog I read either, and just because there aren't comments, doesn't mean no one is reading!

    ReplyDelete